80 Day Challenge - Day 23
23. How much water do you usually drink in a day? Not enough. But I have three 1 liter bottles in my kitchen now. I am aiming to finish off at least two of them every day. One before noon and the other after. It’s a minimum that I’m going to work really hard at to keep, now. I like the bottles because I can never keep track of how many glasses, and usually end up drinking maybe...
80 Day Challenge - Day 21
21. Do you focus more on getting „lean and mean“ or „tiny and fragile“? I will answer this with both. I am aiming to get back to a dancer’s body. Long and lean, delicate yet strong.
80 Day Challenge - Day 20
20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why? I’m inspired by lots of girls who’s journeys I see here on tumblr, but if I had to choose one person to by my biggest inspiration, it’d be Hillary Duff. She went from being really normal sized in her Lizzy McGuire days to feeling the public pressure and getting way too skinny. But then she got fit. Really fit. And now...
80 Day Challenge - Day 19
19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way? I am definitely trying to lose weight the healthy way. But currently I’m not losing weight, but I seem to be replacing fat with muscle. I’ve stayed the same weight for a while, but my measurements have gotten smaller. This is just as great to me as simply dropping pounds.
80 Day Challenge - Day 18
18. Try to use as little salt as possible today or maybe even none! Don’t buy microwave meals and don’t eat foods high in sodium. No. I have hypotension, and my doctor has advised I add salt to my diet every day because I don’t get enough sodium. Salt is as much part of a healthy diet as fats ans sugar. There is a difference, though, between adding a bit of salt over a homecooked meal...
80 Day Challenge - Day 17
17. Do you have a special event/date you want to lose the weight for? Nope. Just trying to be the healthiest me.
80 Day Challenge - Day 16
16. Which part of your body do you wish to change the most and why? To be honest, I really dislike this question. A year ago I would have asked where you wanted me to start, and I’d have had a list mentioning something about nearly every body part. Now? I’ve tried really hard to accept the way I’m built and focus on strengthening and defining muscle instead. Do I want to...
80 Day Challenge - Day 14
14. What is your least favorite type of strength exercise? Yesterday I said I didn’t have a favorite strength exercise. Well, I definitely have a least favorite. Pull Ups. I have never in my life done one of those. I’ve been put on the pull up bars at the gym a couple times, and failed miserably. And since I’m so short, I needed help getting up to the bars. And then I...
80 Day Challenge - Day 13
13. What is your favorite type of strength exercise? In terms of strength training, I like using the weight machines at the gym as well as free weights. I don’t know that I have a favorite, as I am still learning all the different things that I could be doing. I don’t have much muscle mass anywhere but in my legs, so for me, strength training is a big, new thing, and I’m...
80 Day Challenge - Day 12
12. What is your least favorite type of cardio? Running. Any longer distance of running. It hurts my knees, and is boring to me. All I can think about when I’m running is the discomfort of running, and it really makes me not want to do it. I do enjoy sprinting and am pretty fast, considering my height and leg length, but anything where I have to pace myself to get to the finish line,...
80 Day Challenge - Day 11
11. Today you will be cooking for your whole family. Find a healthy recipe online that they will also enjoy and show them how tasty healthy food can be! I currently live by myself. I cook for only me. But I used to do this all the time when I was younger and lived with my parents. I’ve never had a problem cooking healthy meals. These days it’s just hard to get motivated to cook for...
80 Day Challenge - Day 10
10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit? I just started Calorie counting once again. I don’t have a specific limit. I must get over 1200 Calories. That is my real goal. The thing with counting Calories for me is that it makes me take what I am eating into account rather than how much. If I have to write it down, I’m much more likely to pick up a carrot as a snack...
Meal Log: 25 June 2012
Breakfast: Frosted Flakes with Vanilla Soy Milk Snack: Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips Lunch: English Muffin with Smoked Turkey Breast Snack: Strawberries Dinner: Pork Chop with Broccoli Total Calories: 1230 ** I am back to counting calories. Because I have not been eating well since finals started, and I need to seriously get myself back on track. The thing that motivates me the most is logging...
80 Day Challenge - Day 9
9. What is your favorite type of cardio? I enjoy the elliptical. I have trouble with my knees on the treadmill and with running, but the elliptical is a safe choice for me. Some people talk about how it isn’t as good a workout as real running, but I don’t really care, because when I’m doing interval training on the elliptical for thirty minutes, 5 minutes in I’m...
80 Day Challenge - Day 8
8. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week? height: 5’2” weight: 125 lbs neck: 13.25” bust: 33.5” chest: 28.25” waist: 26.75” hips: 33” butt: 38” thigh: 23” arm: 10.5” My weight has stayed the same. Exactly the same. But my measurements are not exactly the same. I’ve gotten slightly smaller in my waist, hips, chest,...
80 Day Challenge - Day 7
7. What is your least favorite healthy food? Hummus. I absolutely cannot stomach hummus. It’s a combination of the smell and the taste. It’s weird because I don’t mind most of the ingredients of hummus on their own. I also dislike most fruits. My relationship with fruit is the opposite of that with vegetables. I only enjoy a handful of them.
80 Day Challenge - Day 6
6. What is your favorite unhealthy food? Baked Hot Cheetos. I’ve sat down and eaten an entire bag of them in one sitting before, and then gotten really sick. And yet my mouth waters just thinking about them. I avoid the chip and soda isle in the grocery store, because if I see them, especially if they are on sale, I will talk myself into buying them. And then proceed to eat the bag in a...
80 Day Challenge - Day 5
5. What is your favorite healthy food? I like vegetables. ALL of them (except two). My favorites of the vegetables are peas and asparagus. But those just barely top off the rest of them. I really like every vegetable I’ve ever encountered except for sweet potatoes and artichokes.